I love pudding and this one is rich, creamy and full of healthy ingredients! You can substitute the sugar with stevia or just use more honey. We have made this pudding as a birthday treat and layered it with cookie crumbles, whipped cream and strawberries inside of pretty wine glasses.
- Beat eggs and vanilla thoroughly in a bowl. Set aside.
- Blend everything except the eggs and vanilla in a large sauce pan. Turn on medium heat and stir until thickened and bubbling. Stir constantly to avoid lumps forming!
- When mixture is thick and bubbling, remove from heat. Pour about one cup of hot chocolate mixture into eggs to temper them, stirring them constantly as you add the hot chocolate.
- Now pour the egg mixture into the pan of chocolate and stir until the pudding is smooth and well-mixed. Return to heat and cook about 5 minutes until pudding is thoroughly heated and just beginning to bubble again.
- Pour into glass bowl and serve hot, or let the pudding cool, then refrigerate and serve cold with whipped cream.